Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's a small world indeed!

Short posting today because I haven't been able to make it to the records office in Dublin for a little while now. I just subscribed to Ancestry.co.uk for a 14 day free trial. I typed in the name Thomas Berrill (my maternal great-grandfather) and not only did the exact right person pop up, but a picture as well. Through the tree of the mysterious person you posted it, I also found a picture of Thomas' wife Margaret Donagh:

If we compare these pictures to the one that my mother gave me:


They are unmistakably the same people. Margaret is even wearing the same hat! Although, I must admit that in my picture they seem slightly more austere! I didn't learn much new information, except that Margaret is recorded as a teacher. So, I emailed the mystery person to see where they fit on the family tree. Thomas had two boys who moved to the UK so I have a feeling it may be someone from that side of the family who posted those images. Finger's crossed I get a response soon.

2 comments:

  1. I think Thomas was the brother of my Great-Grandfather John Berrill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't checked this blog in a while - many apologies! That is fascinating! I'd love to hear more - feel free to email me at whelanfi@gmail.com!

      Delete