Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Kindness of Strangers

I have been hitting a dead end on one side of my family tree, and struggling to understand military service records on another. So, I decided to post some queries on www.rootschat.com just to see if anyone out there in cyberspace had information or fresh ideas/insights to help me in my search.

Within 5 minutes of posting two queries I'm already receiving a steady stream of ideas, new avenues to pursue, help deciphering army records and the endless acronyms they use. People are even looking up records for me!

I am eternally amazed by the kindness of strangers, along with the depth and breath of resources that the internet can offer.

1 comment:

  1. Fiona, I'm looking for someone experienced to help me with a John and Bridget Curran from County Clare...can you help? please reply to:
    glynnis@enticeadvertising.com

    ReplyDelete